By 2030, renewable energy will dominate the energy system supported by new tech and services that will reveal exciting market opportunities. Overcoming the challenges in maintaining a stable grid at the lowest consumer cost is crucial. What more can our industry do? Discover more on these hot-button topics at RenewableUK's Future Systems webinars.
Supported by strategic partners ScottishPower Renewables and Burges Salmon LLP, sessions will be presented by industry experts and will offer a chance for you to interact and ask your own questions. There will be unparalleled networking opportunities with everyone from grid specialists and stakeholders, to trade and professional associations, developers, manufacturers, planners and press in attendance.
The sessions include:
The future of green hydrogen - Tuesday, May 4, 10-11am
Creating the business case for green hydrogen: What operational support is still needed?
- Speed and scale: Making the production of green hydrogen a reality
- What support will incentivise the business case for hydrogen?
- Is your project bankable?
- What is the customer value proposition for hydrogen?
- What does the government need to do to help scale up hydrogen?
System flexibility in 2030 - Thursday, June 10, 10-11am
40GW of wind by 2030: What system challenges will this create?
- A window to the future: What has the past 16-months and COVID lockdown taught us about the futureconditions for our future electricity system?
- What is the market doing to address these challenges?
- A carbon-free grid by 2025: What needs to happen between then and now to make it happen?What’s going to change for market actors?
- Building a system that is not just surviving, but thriving: Where are the system flexibilityopportunities?
- Do we need a redesign of the wholesale market to fully optimize the future electricity system?
The future storage markets - Wednesday, July 6, 10-11am
What are the benefits of a diverse storage economy?
- Supply chain and access to rare earth elements
- What are the system benefits?
- How can the UK industrial sector benefit?
Find out more and register online at https://events.renewableuk.com/futuresystems21